Your membership – which is good for 12 months from the date of purchase – entitles you to benefits such as discounted admission to local events, discounts for national and international conferences, invitations to members-only special activities and private receptions, and access to our national lending library. Even if you do not take advantage of these incentives, as a member of CFI Canada, your support will contribute to every activity, media appearance, service or event we host.
All memberships at levels above Family are tax deductible to the full extent provided by Revenue Canada.
As an alternative to making an online purchase, you can use one of the following methods to join as a Friend of CFI Canada, renew your membership, or make a donation:
- By phone: Call (416) 971-5676 to charge your membership or donation to your credit card.
- By mail: Send your cheque or money order (along with your membership form if applicable) to
55 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 307
Toronto ON, M4P 1G8
For further information about CFI membership or donations, please contact us 416-971-5676.
Your membership entitles you to the following:
Regular Membership ($60) or Student/Limited Income ($20):
- Discounted admission to all regular events at all CFI locations
- Invitation to Members-only special activities and private receptions
- 20% discount to CFI Canada conferences
- A colourful CFI sticker and/or decal or button
- 1 free guest pass
- Access to our national lending library
Note: If you should decide to end your automatic annual renewal, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-971-5676.
All memberships above the Family level are provided with a charitable receipt for the total less $60. By Canadian law, the first $60 (for a Regular Member) or $80 (for a Family Member), which entitles the member to financial benefits of a membership, is not considered a charitable gift.
If you have ordered magazine subscriptions, please allow 8-10 weeks for delivery. ALso, though your membership card(s) will take about 4 weeks to arrive by mail, you can take advantage of the benefits of membership, such as free access to regular events, may by simply by presenting your ID at the door.